The Vista Room is a full-service food and beverage venue available for catering and banquet functions on the SF State campus.
Banquets & Private Dining
The Vista Room facilities, centrally located in Burk Hall on the fourth floor, include 1,400 sq ft of dining space and a 260 sq ft balcony available for seated private dining functions and banquets for up to 75 guests, or standing receptions for up to 100 guests. Whether you are planning a casual luncheon, buffet, private dining event or more formal evening reception, our team is delighted to create a customized experience for you and your guests. We specialize in business functions and departmental celebrations.
Menus, facilities, pricing, and booking information
Please contact the Vista Room directly for your catering, banquet or private dining needs.
The Vista Room can be booked to host stand-up receptions with food and beverage service after regular operating hours.
Alcoholic Beverage Service
The Vista Room currently does not sell alcoholic beverages. However, you may bring your own alcoholic beverages, and we can serve the BYOB wine and beer during your event. If you choose to provide your own alcohol for an event, alcoholic beverage service is subject to the following restrictions:
- Vista Room personnel must serve the beverages. It cannot be self-service.
- Only non-distilled alcohols are allowed. Generally, this means beers, including ciders and malt beverages, and wines, including sake and fortified wines like port and sherry, are acceptable. University policy dictates that we cannot serve any form of distilled alcohols (spirits), including but not limited to vodka, rum, gin, scotches or liqueurs.
- Prior to the event, your group must fill out and submit a University Alcohol Clearance Form and the Special Events Questionnaire to firstname.lastname@example.org in Enterprise Risk Management. Please note, Enterprise Risk Management requests two-week’s advance notice to complete the form.
- No earlier than two days prior to the event, you may drop off to the Vista Room your inventory of alcoholic beverages to be served.
- You must arrange to pick up any unused portion of alcohol within one week.