The Vista Room is a hands-on learning laboratory for students interested in hospitality and food service management.
The restaurant and its operations are wholly student-operated through the following courses held on the SF State main campus.
If you are currently enrolled as an SF State student and are interested in participating in the Vista Room experience, we recommend you enroll in:
- HTM357- Food Systems in the Hospitality Environment
- HTM457 – Restaurant Operations (available Spring 2017)
- HTM557 - Restaurant and Catering Management (Starting Fall 2017)
The Vista Room offers a limited number of semester-long, for-credit student internship positions HTM 515 Hospitality & Tourism Management Internship.
Internship positions include:
- Accounting Intern - MSA or BS students interested in pursuing a career in accounting or financial management.
- Audit Intern - MSA or BS students interested in pursuing a career in auditing or accounting.
- Sous Chef – Students with significant full-service food service operations and leadership experience who are interested in pursuing a management career in back-of-house food service management.
- Assistant Manager – Students with extensive service experience who are interested in pursuing a management career in food service venues.