The Vista Room is a hands-on learning laboratory for students interested in hospitality and food service management.
The restaurant and its operations are wholly student-operated through the following courses held on the San Francisco State University campus.
If you are currently enrolled as a San Francisco State student and are interested in participating in The Vista Room experience, we recommend you enroll in:
- HTM 457 – Restaurant Operations (available Fall 2018)
The Vista Room offers a limited number of semester-long, for-credit, student internship positions HTM 515 Hospitality & Tourism Management Internship.
Internship positions include:
- Accounting Intern—MSA or BS students interested in pursuing a career in accounting or financial management
- Audit Intern—MSA or BS students interested in pursuing a career in auditing or accounting
- Sous Chef—students with significant full-service food service operations and leadership experience who are interested in pursuing a management career in back-of-house food service management
- Assistant Manager—students with extensive service experience who are interested in pursuing a management career in food service venues